Monday, December 19, 2011

Tennis Live at The Biltmore Cabaret December 13, 2011




Last week saw Tennis come to Vancouver to play the Biltmore Cabaret with Devon Williams. Although I went to see Williams based on the strength of his latest single "Revelations" and some very positive press I was also pretty stoked to see Tennis as I had managed to miss them the last couple of times they came through. I love the Biltmore and have seen many shows there in the past. I don't blame them for regularly starting shows rather late (I'd want to sell as many drinks as I could on a Tuesday if it were my place too) but for some reason this show was right on time. Which meant I was late, shit. Sorry Devon Williams, I completely missed your set.

The husband and wife duo Tennis were great. They played quite a long set for a band with really only one album (the set was fleshed out with several new numbers). Although singer Alaina Moore claims to have bad stage fright the audience found her quite engaging. The other half of Tennis, guitar player Patrick Riley, rocked some pretty sweet licks for us, head down and sleeves rolled up. The way he moved around the stage it looked as if he still had his sea legs.

The show left me psyched to hear the upcoming Patrick Carney (The Black Keys) produced album from Tennis titled Young & Old (out February 14 via Fat Possum Records). I'll leave you with the first single "Origins" and don't forget to check out the pics (above).
Tennis - Origins by All Tomorrows Parties

No comments:

Post a Comment