Thursday, July 21, 2011

Macklemore x Ryan Lewis "Wings" (new video)


Seattle MC Macklemore and his producer/DJ Ryan Lewis have been on a tear since teaming up only two years ago. The duo recently released a video for "Wings" (above). Macklemore had this to say about the track “When I first started writing it, I didn’t really have the right idea. Am I writing it like “I’m so cool, I have all of these Jordan’s?” Am I writing about Nike and an anti-Nike song? In reality, it’s neither one of those, it’s just about sharing a fresh perspective."


Macklemore x Ryan Lewis clearly don't concern themselves with advertising placements but instead just keep making music and playing shows (I know, so old fashioned right?). Last year's VS (Redux) EP landed the duo at #7 iTunes Hip Hop Charts and their live show has garnered them a dedicated fan base and spots at big festivals like this year's Sasquatch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment