Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girls 'Father, Son, Holy Ghost'

September 13, 2011 will mark the release of Girls second album (third record) titled Father, Son, Holy Ghost on True Panther Sounds. I've always liked Girls (seriously, a big fan) so I'm super stoked for this album to drop. This time around Christopher Owens and Chet White recorded with drummer Darren Weiss and guitarist John Anderson in a San Francisco office building. The many amps and tube and transistor recording equipment helped create the "sound" of the new work. Owens says "I still know I have to do it. I still love the songs and writing songs." If the track list reveals anything it's that we're in for a hell of a ride. Check it out.


Track Listing
1. Honey Bunny
2. Alex
3. Die
4. Saying I Love You
5. My Ma
6. Vomit
7. Just A Song
8. Magic
9. Forgiveness
10. Love Like A River
11. Jamie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment