Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tasty Rant: Canadian Election feat. "Young Mechanic's Bride" video

I'm going to stay out of it. This isn't a political blog. I mean music and politics have been closely tied for hundreds of years but... who am I to... Well, I guess I do have this soap box so... Here are some things that cracked me up about the upcoming Canadian Election. First, and I'm sure you are all aware of this but http://shitharperdid.ca./ is amazing. I really do think it's worth spending some time on that site so feel free to take a break from Tasty Ears (for a moment or two). Yesterday Canadian rockers Hollerado posted this "there is an election coming up in canada. we must all exercise our right to vote. i don't care who its for as long as its not harper." Just another reason to love Hollerado guys (who also happen to be playing with one of my favourites, Free Energy, in Toronto tomorrow night). If you're in Toronto, or have a way to get there, I highly recommend that concert (there, now I feel like it's still about music). The Arcade Fire posted this "It is about to be voting time. Our current leader has championed some pretty destructive initiatives on everyone’s behalf… it’s really important to get out and vote on May 2nd." link here. Before I go too far, I'll leave you with this stunning track from another Canadian band C.R. Avery & The Special Interest Group (who have made no comments about who to support in the upcoming election and I am not trying to use this video in anyway but to encourage you to vote) doing Young Mechanic's Bride live for our Tasty Ears in Highlife record store on Commercial Drive. This song should be the soundtrack to this election I hope it encourages you all to vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment