Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hear! Unkle feat. Nick Cave

Money And Run (feat. Nick Cave) by UNKLE
This week Unkle released a digital-only five track EP titled Only The Lonely. Unkle collaborated with Nick Cave as you are hearing now on the above track but they also collaborate with Liela Moss, Gavin Clark and Rachel Fannan. Nick Cave is The Man, everything he touches lately just ends up on repeat on my stereo. If you haven't checked out Grinderman yet, do. Nick had this to say about Unkle I always had a huge soft spot for UNKLE - their pop sensibilities, their hooks, big choruses, their super-treated production - so when they sent me some music to sing over I jumped at the chance. The song they sent was great too - something wonderfully dense about it, like T Rex's Metal Guru or something. I wrote a lyric - something desperate sounding to run counterpoint to the joyful racket of the music. It's a fucking hit.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment