Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yesterday & Tomorrow

Last night was the Morning Benders show at The Venue (if you haven't checked out a show here yet you really should). Unfortunately I just missed the first band of the night Cults who I really wanted to see. They are sort of a throw back 60's pop band. The song writing is mainly done by the two front persons Madeline Follin and Brian Oblivion but they are six on stage. Check out the Daytrotter session posted yesterday here daytrotter cults . Next up was Twin Sister also from New York. Touring their Color Your Life - EP (got to love the way they spell color here eh!). Then it was time for The Morning Benders. It's the second time I've seen them this year and the third time they've been to town in the last twelve months. They just keep getting better. Their album Big Echo is one of my favorites of 2010. They played almost all of it and their new single Go Grab a Stranger. They were very engaging with the crowd (especially with their final number Excuses where they had us all singing along (including a loud, drunken fan who just didn't want it to end)) and they hung out for a while after the show talking to the fans. Great show all, thank-you. For some music check the player at the bottom of this post.
Next up is Deer Tick w/ Phosphorescent tomorrow night at my new favorite place for live music in the city, The Biltmore Cabaret. I've seen Deer Tick once earlier this year and they played right around New Years as well I believe so they are no strangers to Vancouver. Deer Tick was a lot of fun last time they were here (I'm a huge fan) and they've been known to mingle (drink) with the audience after the show. Phosphorescent is touring their new awesome album Here's to Taking it Easy. Opening for them is J-Roddy Walston and the Business from Baltimore. I'm excited to check them out early as I've heard they can really rock. Hope to see some of you there. Go!

Finally, I'm stoked to announce that Tasty Ears will be filming a song or two with the SSRIs in an undisclosed location in Vancouver in the next couple of days so watch for that on the Tasty Ears YouTube channel soon. In the meantime here is their super cool DIY video.

SSRIs - Certain Set Configuration (Music Video) from The SSRIs on Vimeo.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

1 comment:

  1. Look at the blog on this guy, nice work. I'm going to the Deer Tick show tonight too. I'm so stoked Deer Tick are the goods. See you there, I'll look for big bunny ears in the crowd.

    ReplyDelete